New CNNC wind power project set to tackle poverty
Guidong Niulang Mountain 48MW Wind Power Project, the first poverty alleviation wind power project operated by China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), was connected to the grid in Guidong county, Hunan province, on July 29.
The project was jointly launched in 2015 by China Rich Energy Corp Ltd, a subsidiary of CNNC, and the Guidong government to help improve living standards and tackle poverty in the area –– through the development of a wind power industry.
It has created a new type of cooperation between government and enterprise, with poor households permitted to be shareholders and receive bonuses from the project. It is expected to help improve the incomes of about 12,000 local residents for a period of 20 years –– the project’s expected lifespan.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation