Fuqing nuclear power units win national engineering award
Units 3 & 4 at the Fuqing nuclear power plant in eastern Fujian province won the National Quality Engineering Golden Award -- representing the country's first win for a nuclear power project -- according to reports.
Initiated in 1981, the National Quality Engineering Award is the country's highest-level quality accolade in the engineering construction sector approved by the State Council, and its golden award is the highest award.
Following preliminary examinations and two rounds of spot assessments, the two units passed examinations by members of the approval committee, by a unanimous vote.
Built by China National Nuclear Corporation, or CNNC, the units at Fuqing nuclear power plant comprised a key project during the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015).
Officials said their construction had led to the accumulation of a wealth of experience at CNNC for the Hualong One (HPR 1000) project, a domestically developed third-generation nuclear reactor design.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation