CNNC to build lab for nuclear materials, safety evaluation
An important cooperation agreement was signed between China National Nuclear Corporation, also known as CNNC, and China Academy of Sciences or CAS, in Beijing on Dec 13, according to officials.
The two sides promised to jointly build a key laboratory for nuclear materials and safety evaluation.
Officials said the signing ceremony marked the implementation of a comprehensive strategic cooperation framework agreement between the two sides.
CNNC and CAS have maintained close strategic cooperative relations for many years and have to date achieved a series of important industrial results.
CNNC is the only domestic enterprise with a complete nuclear industry industrial chain, while the Chinese Academy of Sciences is the highest academic institution for the natural sciences in China.
Substantial progress has been made in the joint construction of research institutes carried out by CNNC and four universities, including Tsinghua University.
In future, the two sides are expected to continue to promote their basic research cooperation in fields with broad development prospects -- such as nuclear materials -- and jointly promote the implementation of more major projects.
An important cooperation agreement is signed between China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) and China Academy of Sciences in Beijing on Dec 13. [Photo/CNNC]
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation