CNNC donates virus prevention materials to foreign countries
China National Nuclear Corporation donates epidemic prevention materials to send abroad. [Photo/CNNC]
Professor Zhang Huanqiao at the China Institute of Atomic Energy recently received an email from Cosimo Signorini, a senior professor from the Italian Nuclear Physics Institute, expressing his sincere thanks for China’s help for Italy in the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
China National Nuclear Corporation, also known as CNNC, has also offered to help in other countries in the face of the epidemic.
Officials said that to date, the company has offered help to 11 countries -- Pakistan, Japan, South Korea, the United Kingdom, France, Iran, Germany, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy and Namibia.
Donated epidemic prevention materials included KN95 masks, disposable surgical masks, eyes protectors, isolation clothes and face shields, valued at 1.52 million yuan ($213,786).
Materials donated by CNNC are shipped to France. [Photo/CNNC]
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation