Seven CNNC patents win national excellence honor
Seven patents owned by the China National Nuclear Corporation -- also known as CNNC -- received the national patent excellence award, according to the results of the 21st China Patent Awards announced by the National Intellectual Property Administration on July 15.
CNNC officials said the number of awards was the most in the company's history, setting a record.
The seven patents are from CNNC units including China Nuclear Industry 23 Construction Co Ltd, Headway Bio-Sci & Tech Co Ltd, China Nuclear Industry Fifth Construction Co Ltd, the Nuclear Power Institute of China and the China Institute of Atomic Energy.
As the core element of international competitiveness, intellectual property is the embodiment of scientific and technological innovation strength -- and is also the key to mastering and retaining the initiative in development, officials said.
An important symbol of an advanced national nuclear industry is the independent control of intellectual property rights.
By possessing a large number of technologies, products and brands with independent intellectual property rights, the control of the entire industrial chain is strengthened, CNNC officials said.
They added that more high-value patent portfolios would be developed by the company's units and scientific researchers in the future.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation