CNNC makes it onto elite Fortune Global 500 list
Nuclear power producer China National Nuclear Corporation -- also known as CNNC -- joined the elite ranks of the Fortune Global 500 companies, according to the latest list released by Fortune Magazines on Aug 10, marking new progress in its corporate development.
At the end of 2019, CNNC had assets of 830 billion yuan ($119 billion) and some 170,000 employees.
The company has established operations in core industries such as advanced nuclear energy utilization, natural uranium, nuclear fuel, nuclear technology applications, engineering construction, nuclear environmental protection, equipment manufacturing and financial investment.
It has also established a presence in market-oriented emerging industries such as nuclear industry services, new energy, trade and health care.
CNNC officials said the company has been successful in forming a higher-level nuclear industry innovation chain and industrial supply chain.
The Fortune Global 500 list has long been the most renowned and authoritative list for measuring large global companies.
With its extensive influence, it has become an important indicator used by leading global companies to judge their own strength, scale and international competitiveness.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation