China's first nuclear power international standard approved
A nuclear power plant using CNNC's Hualong One (HPR100) technology [Photo/CNNC]
The "Design Specification for Primary Circuit Coolant System Equipment and Pipeline Insulation Layer of Pressurized Water Reactor Nuclear Power Plants" declared by China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) successfully passed the final vote of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) on Oct 2 and will be released soon.
This document marks China's first international nuclear power standard. It was created based on CNNC's Hualong One (HPR100) technology and edited by CNNC's Nuclear Power Institute of China and Nuclear Industry Standardization Institute to summarize and systemize China's independent third-generation nuclear power Hualong One technology and engineering experience.
The ISO international standard proposal for the "Methods of Radioactive Characterization of Very Low Level Radioactive Waste (VLLW) from Nuclear Facilities", led by CNNC and edited by CNNC's China Institute of Radiation Protection, was officially approved on Sept 29.
So far, CNNC has issued two international standards, while seven international standards have been approved, and more than 20 international standard proposals are being planned and reserved.
A nuclear power plant using CNNC's Hualong One (HPR100) technology. [Photo/CNNC]
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation