Fuqing unit 6 nuclear reactor completes nuclear circuit 'flushing'
Unit 6 at the Fuqing nuclear power plant located in in Fuzhou, capital of East China's Fujian province [Photo/CNNC]
The flushing of the nuclear circuit of unit 6 at the Fuqing nuclear power plant - in Fuzhou, capital of East China's Fujian province - was successfully completed on Oct 31, laying a solid foundation for the start of the joint hydraulic test of the secondary circuit and the subsequent cold test work.
The unit is a world demonstration project for Hualong One, also known as HPR 1000, a domestically developed third-generation nuclear power technology.
Unit 6 at the Fuqing nuclear power plant undergoes nuclear circuit flushing, Oct 31. [Photo/CNNC]
The flushing of the nuclear circuit is the basis for ensuring the integrity, sealing and cleanliness of the primary circuit. It is an important milestone in the nuclear island installation project, marking the completion of the main nuclear auxiliary system installation of the nuclear island.
After the nuclear circuit flushing test, the main and auxiliary systems of the nuclear island are in overall commissioning condition.
Unit 6 at the Fuqing nuclear power plant [Photo/CNNC]
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation