CNNC attends 17th China-ASEAN Expo
CNNC's booth is set up at the 17th China-ASEAN Expo, held in Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, from Nov 27 to 30. [Photo/CNNC]
China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) attended the 17th China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO) in Nanning, South China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, from Nov 27 to 30.
This marked the seventh consecutive year that CNNC has participated in the CAEXPO.
CNNC officials attended the opening ceremony of the Expo, as well as making keynote speeches at the 2020 China-ASEAN Power Cooperation and Development Forum.
CNNC displays its latest technological achievements at the CAEXPO. [Photo/CNNC]
At the CAEXPO, CNNC indicated its strategic goals in the new era, as well as its technological innovation capabilities in nuclear power, nuclear technology applications, engineering construction, equipment manufacturing, renewable energy, and digital information.
On Nov 27, during the event, unit 5 of China's Fuqing Nuclear Power Plant, developed by CNNC, was successfully connected to the grid for the first time.
Unit 5 is the world's first pilot project to use China's indigenous third-generation nuclear power technology Hualong One, also known as HPR1000.
The unit being connected to the grid turned the Hualong One booth into the focus of the event and attracted great attention from the public.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation