15 CNNC nuclear power units achieve full marks in WANO composite index
Qinshan nuclear power plants [Photo/CNNC]
Fifteen nuclear power units of China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) got full marks in the 100-point evaluation of the WANO (World Association of Nuclear Operators) composite index in November, tying for first place globally.
The 15 units are:
Units 1, 2, 3 and 4 at the Qinshan No 2 nuclear power plant;
Units 1 and 2 at the Qinshan No 3 nuclear power plant;
Units 1 and 2 at the Fangjiashan nuclear power plant;
Units 1 and 2 at the Tianwan nuclear power plant;
Units 1, 3 and 4 at the Fuqing nuclear power plant; and
Units 1 and 2 at the Changjiang nuclear power plant.
Jiangsu nuclear power plant [Photo/CNNC]
Fuqing nuclear power plant [Photo/CNNC]
Hainan nuclear power plant [Photo/CNNC]
WANO performance indicators are important indicators of nuclear safety globally. They display nuclear power plants' performance status in terms of nuclear safety, power generation management, power plant equipment reliability, effectiveness and industrial safety in a quantitative manner. The indicators are used to monitor the operational status of nuclear power plants and to identify any necessary improvements.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation