CNNC’s two new nuclear units approved in Fujian
CNNC’s new nuclear power project in Zhangzhou city, Southeast China’s Fujian province, was authorized by the National Energy Administration, according to an announcement by China National Nuclear Power Co, a subsidiary of CNNC, on July 26.
The project consists of the construction of two HPR1000 (Hualong 1) units, which will be funded, built, and operated by CNNP Guodian Zhangzhou Energy Co, a holding company of China National Nuclear Power Co.
The Hualong 1 is an example of China’s self-developed third-generation nuclear technology. The reactor has a double containment design, enabling it to withstand an aircraft collision.
The four HPR1000 units being built by CNNC are the world’s only third-generation pressurized water reactor nuclear power projects to be built according to schedule. Currently, all parts of the HPR1000 project, both in China and abroad, have been completed on or ahead of schedule, and have all maintained high quality and safety standards.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation