CNNC looks for cooperation in Brazil
Sun Qin, chairman of the China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC), led a delegation to Brazil, on May 20, to speak with Aquilino Senra Martinez, president of the Indústrias Nucleares do Brasil (INB), a nuclear energy company there, and to introduce the CNNC in the fields of uranium mining and nuclear fuel manufacturing.
Sun also described the company’s own nuclear technology, “HPR1000”, a 3rd-generation technology, and recent developments in China’s nuclear industry, after which Martinez thanked Sun and the delegation for the visit and said he recognized the strengths and capability of CNNC, then described the development of uranium resources, nuclear fuel and nuclear fuel recycling in Brazil.
The two groups had discussions on jointly exploring uranium resources and producing nuclear fuel in Brazil.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation