CNNC signs MOU with Egyptian nuclear power plant authority
The China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC) has signed a memorandum of understanding with Egypt’s Nuclear Power Plant Authority (NPPA), during a three-day visit by Li Jize, chief accountant of CNNC, to Egypt, in a move that marks a major step forward in Egypt’s nuclear power projects.
The signing was witnessed by Hassan Mahmoud Hassanein, first undersecretary of the Electricity and Energy Ministry of Egypt. Afterwards, Li and his delegation visited the Chinese embassy in Egypt and spoke with Song Aiguo, the ambassador, about exports of Chinese nuclear technology, HPR1000, to Egypt.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation