CNNC and Shanghai sign cooperation agreement
The China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC), one of China’s largest nuclear power plant operators, signed a strategic agreement with the Shanghai government, in the city of Shanghai,on June 24.
Both parties will seek for closer cooperation in finance, nuclear technology and industrialization, according to the agreement.
The move came after a unit of CNNC -- China National Nuclear Power -- got listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and saw its shares jump 44 percent. According to the agreement, CNNC will look for more opportunities to cooperate in a winning way.
Yang Xiong, mayor of Shanghai, and Sun Qin, chairman of CNNC, took part in the signing ceremony.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation