CNNC promotes poverty alleviation
The scene of the featured program called "Hand in Hand" Targeted Poverty Alleviation Central Enterprises in Action, June 2. [Photo/CNNC]
China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) has made good progress in its poverty alleviation efforts.
According to Zu Bin, president of CNNC, the company carries out poverty alleviation efforts in four aspects.
The first is to make good use of local policies, infrastructure, and e-commerce; the second is to give play to the important role of the internal market and the broad external market in poverty alleviation; the third is to strengthen education and training to enhance poverty alleviation capabilities; the fourth is to stimulate the spontaneous motivation of the poor.
Audience photographed at the program recording site, June 2. [Photo/CNNC]
CNNC has designated four counties to carry out poverty alleviation efforts in, namely Shizhu county in Chongqing, Tongxin county in Ningxia Hui autonomous region, and Xunyang county and Baihe county in Shaanxi province.
In addition to designated poverty alleviation counties, CNNC has given help to more than 80 villages and 66 counties in 20 provinces across the country.
About 120 million yuan ($17.86 million) was donated - and about 1.8 billion yuan was invested in industrial poverty alleviation - in the Tibet autonomous region, the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region and Qinghai province.
According to incomplete statistics, since 2012, a total of 250,000 people have been lifted out of poverty in the four designated poverty alleviation counties.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation