CNNC hosts nuclear power forum at Taiyuan energy event
The China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) is participating in the 2019 Taiyuan Energy Low Carbon Development Forum and Energy Revolution Exhibition -- being held in Taiyuan, capital city of North China's Shanxi province on Oct 22-24, according to reports.
At the exhibition, CNNC displayed a range of innovation achievements. Among them were the Hualong One (HPR 1000), a high temperature gas-cooled reactor, a low temperature heating reactor, a floating nuclear energy platform and proton therapy.
CNNC also hosted a forum at the event on the safe use and outlook for nuclear power.
Gu Jun, general manager of CNNC, and Shanxi Governor Lou Yangsheng met during the event. They discussed the significance and feasibility of applying nuclear energy to help the energy structural adjustments and reforms in Shanxi province.
They also exchanged views on how CNNC could further expand the Shanxi market, increase industrial investment in the province and what policy support the province could offer.
CNNC noted at the forum that it will adhere to the safe and efficient development of nuclear energy and strive to promote low-carbon energy development, together with its counterparts worldwide.
A forum on the safe use and outlook of nuclear power is held in Taiyuan, Shanxi province, during the 2019 Taiyuan Energy Low Carbon Development Forum and Energy Revolution Exhibition. [Photo/CNNC]
Gu Jun, general manager of CNNC, addresses the forum in Taiyuan in Shanxi province, on Oct 22. [Photo/CNNC]
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation