CNNC has 22 units in operation and 6 units under construction by the end of 2019, which have generated 136.2 billion kilowatt hours in 2019 with paramount operating performance.
In 2019, 9 CNNC units got full marks of 100 points in the evaluation of the WANO comprehensive index:
Unit 1 and 4 in Qinshan Phase II NPP, Unit 1 in Qinshan Phase II NPP, Unit 1 and 2 in Fangjiashan NPP, Unit 1 and 2 in Tianwan NPP, Unit 1 in Fuqing NPP and Unit 1 in Sanmen NPP.
Nuclear power operations and management
CNNC is operating and managing the most diverse array of nuclear power units in the world. Eight management service product portfolio developed by CNNC ensure the safe and sound performance of nuclear power units.
[Photo by CNNC]
The eight products are:
preparation, commissioning/ test run, refueling outage, special maintenance, professional training, technological support, support for heavy water reactor, and the development and operation of information systems.
The NPP fleet of CNNC:
(1) Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant, the first nuclear power plant completely designed and built by China, known as "the glory of China".
(2) Qinshan II Nuclear Power Plant is China's first large-scale commercial nuclear power plant fully designed, built, operated, and managed by China.
(3) Qinshan III Nuclear Power Plant is China's first heavy water reactor with project management system that conforms with international standards.
(4) Jiangsu Tianwan Nuclear Power Plant is China's first nuclear power plant with a full-fledge digital I&C system.
(5) Zhejiang Sanmen Nuclear Power Plant is the pilot project of AP1000.
(6) The first HPR1000 in China-Unit 5 in Fuqing NPP in Fujian Province, a G-III design with independent IP rights.
(7) Hainan Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant is the first energy project in Hainan province.
(8) Scaled deployment of HPR1000, new "business card" for Chinese manufacturing, is well under way-Zhangzhou NPP in Fujian Province.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation