CNNC donates masks to key thermonuclear project in France
Staff members from CNNC units are working for the ITER thermonuclear experimental project in France. [Photo/CNNC]
Chinese nuclear power producer, China National Nuclear Corporation, recently moved to help out the important International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor -- or ITER project in France -- with novel coronavirus medical kits, according to CNNC officials.
CNNC Chairman Yu Jianfeng said in a letter to the ITER project team on March 27 that unity will definitely bring victory in the battle against the virus..
Yu said the coronavirus epidemic is a challenge faced by all mankind and his company had collected 80,000 disposable medical masks to donate to ITER to help.
In response, the director general of ITER wrote back, noting that the medical materials donated by CNNC would effectively help implement epidemic prevention and control -- and the organization would do everything possible to provide security for the CNNC team working for the ITER project.
ITER is the world’s largest scientific engineering project after the International Space Station and CNNC units are participating in the main engine installation for the largest nuclear energy project contract that Chinese companies have ever bid for in the European market.
CNNC officials said that a total of 46 staff members from CNNC units -- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co Ltd and China Nuclear Industry 23 Construction Co Ltd -- are now working on the project in France.
Medical materials that CNNC donates to the ITER project in France. [Photo/CNNC]
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation