Second Hualong One unit achieves criticality
Unit 6 of the Fuqing nuclear power plant achieved criticality for the first time on Dec 11 in East China's Fujian province. This means that this second Hualong One demonstration unit has entered the power operation stage, moving it a step closer towards commercial operation.
Hualong One is China's domestically developed third-generation nuclear power technology with full intellectual property rights.
After completion, units 1-6 of the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC)'s Fuqing nuclear power plant will have an installed capacity of about 6.68 million kilowatts and annual power generation of 50 billion kilowatt-hours. This will provide continuous clean energy for the high-quality development of the local economy, and make nuclear contributions to the peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality goals.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation