First results from world's most powerful underground accelerator released
The Jinping Underground Nuclear Astrophysics experiment (JUNA), China's first deep underground astrophysics experimentation project in Southwest China's Sichuan province, released its first experiment results on Dec 18. The measurement sensitivity and statistical accuracy of the first four nuclear astrophysics experimental studies of key reactions were all higher than those of other devices of the same kind around the globe. This demonstrates that China's nuclear astrophysics experimental studies have reached internationally advanced levels, making China the third country in the world with the ability to carry out deep underground nuclear astrophysics research.
The release of the results was witnessed by experts and representatives from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Nuclear Society, the National Nature Science Foundation of China, the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), Tsinghua University, Peking University, Beijing Normal University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and the China Institute of Atomic Energy of CNNC.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation