World's 3rd Hualong One reactor connects to grid
On January 1, 2022, the Chinese independently developed nuclear reactor, HPR1000, brought a good start: Unit 6 of Fuqing Nuclear Power Plant(FQNP) of China National Nuclear Corporation(CNNC) successfully achieved the grid connection, marking the beginning of power generation. This is the 3rd HPR1000 unit in the global, meanwhile the 2nd HPR1000 unit in China that has achieved the grid connection.
The capacity of each HPR1000 unit is 1161MW, and annual power output reaches 10billion KWh, satisfying the annual electricity needs for production and domestic use of 1 million people in a moderately developed country. It equals to annual decrease of 3.12 million tons of standard coal consumption, decrease of 8.16 million tons of carbon emission, or over 70 million trees planting. HPR1000 unit is significant of importance in optimizing the energy mix of China, supporting green and low-carbon development, and achieving the goal of peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation