CNNC chairman and IAEA director general hold video talk
China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) Chairman Yu Jianfeng and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi held a video meeting on May 5.
Grossi discussed the Nuclear Harmonization and Standardization Initiative (NHSI) launched by the IAEA. The initiative aims to harmonize the global regulatory and industrial standards for small modular reactors (SMRs) and promote the safe and reliable deployment of SMRs by strengthening exchanges and cooperation between nuclear regulators, nuclear companies, technology holders across the world and relevant international organizations. Grossi congratulated China on its nuclear development and hoped to join hands with CNNC to boost the global development of SMRs.
Yu expressed his thanks to Grossi for his contributions to the global nuclear cause, adding that the initiative announced by Director General Grossi plays an important role in promoting the harmonized development and deployment of SMRs. Yu talked about the latest nuclear developments in China, in particular that of the SMRs, and said that CNNC is willing to work with the IAEA and global counterparts to play a part in the standard setting, safe deployment, and sustainable development of SMRs.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation