CNNC small modular reactor Linglong One installs heaviest component
The upper containment cylinder of the world's first commercial onshore small modular reactor (SMR), the Linglong One, was successfully installed on July 6 at Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant in South China's Hainan province.
The upper cylinder is an important component in ensuring the safety of the reactor building, and its installation lays a solid foundation for advancing the Linglong One demonstration project.
The upper cylinder of the steel containment shell is about 15 meters in height and 720 tons in weight, and is the heaviest single hoisting requirement for the Linglong One.
The Linglong One, also known as the ACP100, is a multi-purpose pressurized water reactor (PWR) design developed by the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) with independent intellectual property rights. It is the world's first third-generation SMR to pass a safety review by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation