Pressure vessel installed at Zhangzhou unit 2
The reactor pressure vessel for unit 2 of the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) Zhangzhou nuclear power plant was hoisted into place on Aug 9 in East China's Fujian province, completing a prerequisite for the subsequent installation of the inner dome and the welding of the main pipeline.
This is another major step forward for the installation of the unit's main equipment after the successful installation of the unit's three steam generators.
Reactor pressure vessels are part of the core equipment of a nuclear power plant. They are known as the "heart" of pressurized water reactors (PWR), and play a vital role in the safe and stable operation of a nuclear power plant.
Zhangzhou unit 2 is part of Hualong One, China's third-generation nuclear power technology. The reactor pressure vessel was designed by the Nuclear Power Institute of China (NPIC) under CNNC and manufactured by China First Heavy Industries (CFHI) .
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation