CNNC SMR Linglong One wraps up construction of retaining walls
The construction of the world's first commercial onshore small modular reactor (SMR), the Linglong One, hit another milestone with the last tank of concrete being poured into the underground retaining walls of its conventional island at the Changjiang nuclear power plant, South China's Hainan province, on Aug 13.
The Linglong One, also known as ACP100, is a multi-purpose pressurized water reactor (PWR) design independently developed by the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC). It is the world's first third-generation SMR to pass a safety review by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
The completion of the integrated third milestone target has laid a solid foundation for the ensuing construction of BOP buildings around the island.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation