Largest and heaviest module installed at CNNC Sanmen unit 3
The CA20 module, the largest and heaviest, was hoisted into place at unit 3 of the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) Sanmen nuclear power plant in East China's Zhejiang province, on Aug 16. This marks the first milestone of the second phase of the project at the Sanmen plant after the concrete was poured for the unit.
The module measures about 20.5 meters long, 14.1 meters wide and 20.9 meters tall. The total weight sits at more than 1,000 tons, and was hoisted into place using a 2,600-ton crawler crane, with the whole installing process being closely monitored to ensure safety.
The Sanmen construction team had laid a solid technological foundation for the smooth hoisting of the module and ensured hoisting accuracy by designing a 1,200-ton module-specific assembly platform, applying a high-precision 3D scanner, and performing point cloud model registration, processing, and collision analysis.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation