CNNC, EDF sign low-carbon development MoU
Chairman of the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) Yu Jianfeng and Chairman and CEO of EDF (Électricité de France) Luc Rémont signed a memorandum of understanding on low-carbon development, witnessed by Chinese President Xi Jinping and French President Emmanuel Macron, at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on April 6.
The CNNC and EDF have reached a consensus on the use of nuclear energy to support low-carbon energy development. The two parties will jointly conduct forward-looking research on the technological development direction and market trends of the nuclear energy field, and compile a "Blue Book" to show the shared attitudes of the two countries' enterprises in responding to climate change and addressing energy issues.
Yu also attended the fifth meeting of the China-France Business Council, which was held on the same day at the Great Hall of the People. At the meeting, he reviewed the sound nuclear cooperation between China and France over the past 40 years, and said that in the future, Chinese and French nuclear enterprises should deepen nuclear technological cooperation, and promote the high-quality development of nuclear energy.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation