CNNC attends human health related international symposium in Vienna
The International Symposium on Trends in Radiopharmaceuticals 2023 (ISTR-2023) was held in Vienna, the headquarters of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), from April 17 to 21, local time. A delegation from the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) attended the symposium among the nearly 550 participants from 88 countries.
The symposium is the first on-site high-level conference in the field of nuclear science and technology since COVID-19. It covered topics on radioisotope production, the R&D and application of radiopharmaceuticals, government regulation and licensing, education and training, technological cooperation and innovation, and held discussions on global development and challenges in the field of radiopharmaceuticals over the past few years.
During their stay in Vienna, the delegation called on Najat Mokhtar, deputy director-general of the IAEA, and exchanged views on the CNNC's developments in nuclear technology application and the willingness for further cooperation.
The delegation also visited other related IAEA divisions and briefed in detail on the CNNC's capacity building in the whole process of nuclear medical design, construction, operation and maintenance, training, standards, medical equipment supply and medical technology, as well as future plans to strengthen international collaboration.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation