World's first two Hualong One units pass final acceptance
Units 5 and 6 of the Fuqing nuclear power plant, the world's first two units of the Hualong One demonstration project, passed their final acceptance on May 5.
The full completion of the two Hualong One units will play an important role in optimizing China's energy mix and promoting low-carbon development, as well as serving as a reference for the subsequent mass construction of Hualong One .
The final acceptance is the last process comprehensively evaluating the construction results of a project and its quality. Hualong One (HPR1000) is a third-generation nuclear power technology independently developed by China. Since entering commercial operation, both Fuqing 5 and 6 have fully experienced the test of the first fuel cycle, proving the safety, advancement and maturity of Hualong One technology.
The China National Nuclear Power (CNNP) of the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) holds a controlling stake in the Fuqing nuclear power plant. The six units of the plant have generated more than 250 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity so far. Among them, the two Hualong One units generate about 20 billion kilowatt-hours per year, which is equivalent to reducing standard coal consumption by 6.24 million tons, cutting carbon dioxide emissions by 16.32 million tons, or planting 140 million trees, bringing great economic, social and environmental benefits.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation