China's largest seawater uranium extraction test platform makes debut
The China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC)'s test platform for uranium extraction from seawater was put into operation and opened to the public for the first time on May 17.
On-site testing is crucial to determine the success of the technology. The CNNC's sea test platform in the South China Sea is China's largest, and is able to carry out material verification and amplification experiments under real ocean conditions. It will also be open to other alliance members.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation