IAEA Director General visits CNNC — first stop of his first visit to China
On May 22, Rafael Grossi, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), visited the China Institute of Atomic Energy of the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) — the first stop of his first visit to China since taking the helm of the IAEA in 2019, at the invitation of the China Atomic Energy Authority (CAEA).
At the China Institute of Atomic Energy, a pine tree was planted to symbolize longer and closer cooperation between China and the IAEA. The director general said it is his hope that we come together to celebrate the 40th anniversary of China's accession to the IAEA next year. Here he visited the China Advanced Research Reactor and a proton cyclotron.
Witnessed by Grossi and Zhang Kejian, chairman of the CAEA, the CNNC signed two cooperation documents with the IAEA. Besides, Tsinghua Tongfang under the CNNC donated two pieces of nuclear security detection equipment to the IAEA.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation